Monday, May 14, 2007

Twitter's signup page sucks.

I tried to sign up for Twitter five separate times before I succeeded. I was ready to give up after the second, but then I decided I could write about it instead.

Twice, the UI was messed up -- either a stylesheet didn't load completely, or something was positioned absolutely that should have been positioned relatively. The other three times, I got errors saying I had invalid characters in my 'screen name', even though none of the fields were called 'screen name'. I had to figure out which field it was talking about by trial and error! And it didn't tell me which characters were invalid either.

And - MOST annoying - it reset the other fields I'd entered to their defaults when it had an error, rather than remembering which timezone and screen name and so on I'd chosen! Way to remind me of the command line, guys!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a JACKASS.

"This article's condescending tone offends me."

What an ass!

Sun Oct 25, 12:17:00 AM  
Anonymous peter said...

interestin thank you…cheers Peter

Thu Jun 30, 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home